Director of CHI
2/104 Waterworks Road, Ashgrove
Phone: 07 3366 8995
Grant is one of the most experienced Yoga and Chi Gung Teachers in Australia. For many years he was recognised as a Yoga Teacher by the International Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA), a Level Three Senior Teacher and Teacher Trainer by Yoga Australia (YA), a Chi Gung Instructor by the International Internal Arts Association (IIAA). He also trained as a Tibetan-Japanese Reiki teacher and was recognised by the Australasian Ayurvedic Practitioners Association (AAPA) as a Practitioner; however he has since resigned his membership from these organisations. Grant has also visited South East India three times and travelled to Kerala in South West India to study Ayurveda and the links between South Indian Martial Arts, Kalari Yoga and Chi Gung. He has travelled to the USA twice to study meditation, has taught seminars and conducted presentations at Conferences in Wales, India and New Zealand, and in six states of Australia.
- Grant began practicing Yoga and Meditation in 1977 and teaching Yoga in 1980.
- In 1981 he had lessons in the Alexander Technique and began exploring Chi Gung and Tai Chi Chuan.
- He integrated the Feldenkrais Method of Movement into his Yoga practice in 1992 when he also began training Yoga Teachers.
- In 1996 he introduced principles discovered by Joseph Pilates and exercises from Body Weight Callisthenics into his Yoga.
- In 1997, after further research in Taoist Yoga and Chinese Energetic Exercise, he began developing Yoga Chi Gung, which continued to evolve until January 2018 when it completed itself.
Yoga Chi Gung
Yoga Chi Gung is unique because it is based on the traditional yogic practices of India and Tibet prior to the development of modern Yoga in the 1920’s that have been integrated with Chi Gung and complimented by modern research. It is a system that is in alignment with the energies of the Aquarian Age, which is the first 2,000 year period of the Golden Age that began on December 21, 2012. The theme of this era is unity, the expansion of consciousness, the meeting of psyche and soul, science and spirituality, which requires a new type of Energetic Exercise that is more feminine in nature.
An important principle used in the practice is the ‘Concept of Release’, which was developed by USA based Yoga Teachers Rama Birch and Kim Orr, and results in a practice that catalyses enjoyment, awareness, softness, strength and fitness using the body and breath as alchemical agents. This approach is an evolution from ‘Core strength and stability’ to releasing tension in the inner core and spinal muscles so that they naturally regain their inherent resilience. It involves ‘Feeling the bones as being strong’ and feeling the muscles ‘Releasing off the bones’. This not only results in a stronger and more flexible body, but also catalyses ‘Inner strength and outer softness’, which is an important principle of Taoism.
After working for 16 years as a Holistic Therapist Grant does consultations in any one or more of the following:-
- Neuromuscular Release – based on Orthobionomy, this is a form of Educational Osteopathy that is non-invasive and focuses on muscular re-education.
- Emotional Transformation and Trauma Recovery – this is a system of Energy Psychology that Grant developed over a 20 year period. It effectively clears destructive emotions and traumas from the subconscious mind without analysis or counselling.
- Nutritional and lifestyle guidance, including supplements and medicinal foods. A Nutrition and Recipe book (Open Sesame) is available. Food preparation and cooking classes are also available to individuals and small groups.
- The Human Mandala is a holistic personality profile that integrates Western Astrology, Chinese Astrology, Numerology, the Kabala, I Ching and the Chakras. Each profile comes with a comprehensive manual.
Books by Grant
- Secrets of the Masters: Subtle Anatomy and Yogic Psychology.
- Tao Te Ching.
- Yogic Texts.
- The Life and Teachings of Christ: A Yogic Perspective.
- The Teachings of Gautama the Buddha.
- Journey of the Soul.
- The I Ching for the Golden Age.
- Feng Shui: The Way of Harmony.
- The Human Mandala.
- The New Healing Paradigm.
- Natural Cancer Recovery.
- Secrets of Sleep, This Noble Heart, Breath is Life.
- The Art of Relationships.
- Open Sesame: Chronobiotic Alchemical Nutrition.
- Happiness: A Guide to Joyful Living.
- Universal Laws, Levels of Consciousness and Awakening.
- Inspirational Stories, Quotes and Songs.
- Emotional Transformation.
- Yoga Chi Gung and Wudang Yang Sheng.
Grant presents seminars in other topics by invitation. For more information on his books, classes, consultations or the Yoga Chi Gung Teacher Training Course, please email or phone him.
Please email Grant for a more comprehensive Book List, including a description of each book, prices and payment details.
Cupid, the cat.